Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Geek's Life Story

So here i am . Making my First Blog Entry , The First Entry into my Diary of my life in NUST . Its been a long Journey . From Playgroup at Kings School to SEECS NUST. It wasnt the easiest of journey but then again life aint easy
So this is Just an Introductory Post . I will give a lil background info bout myself and how i made it to SEECS and what you can expect in this Blog
So where To beggin
I was born in Family where both my parents worked hard to provide me and my siblings the best life they can . My dad was serving in army and mom Used to teach primary classes. They did their best to provide us with the Best education they could afford. By the time i made it to 8th grade i started thinking about my future . What i wanted to be what field should i choose . Since my Dad was an Army officer i was always drawn towards the uniform and thought of it as my goal in life . But somewhere along the way i changed my decision. My uncle is a Software Engineer who studied abroad and owns his own software house . He inspired me a lot , i loved what he used to do and would ask him to teach me how to make websites . All he ever told me was to go look for a software called MS Front Page and learn it yourself . So i did that during my Summer Vacation and wolla my first website was up and running , it was a small website i made , it had jokes , funny pictures , optical illusions and stuff . Em sure no one except me ever visited this website but at that point i knew what i wanted to do . By the Time i was studying in 9th my Dad had been Posted to NUST . Since my father was in NUST i learned alot about it . These were those days when their Head office used to be in Lal Kurti with There Business school across the streat , AMC EME AND MCS being their major schools and Seecs was known as NIIT and was running in rented houses in Chaklala Scheme 3.
As time passed and NUST started gaining International acclaim i started getting fond of it. by the time i was in FSC all i wanted was to get into NUST . I dont know why but i had this strong Love for NUST , when ever there would be a debate about which is the best University of Pakistan i would fight for NUST with such passion that it seemed i owned it
I was an over all good student through out my academic life . I had secured good marks both in Matric and FSC-1 . So now came the big question , What field should i opt for , Personally i wanted to go for software engineering . But my Dad who had been serving in NUST for a while now (he retired while posted in NUST and got a Job in NUST after retirement ) My dad and i had a long discussion about what my preferences should be and well what we decided at the end of the day was to go for mechanical on top followed by mechatronix and software. It was the safer choice
So well i started preparing for the entry test. I didn't join any academy or anything . I just Worked real hard studying around 6-8 hours a day in home for like 2 months making sure i was fully prepared to get into the University of My Dreams . Finally the Big day came . NUST entry Test i was tense all night , couldn't sleep much . Next morning there i was in the examination hall taking the test that would define my future . English was ok , Chemistry was easy Physics was really easy but maths .. God .. i didn't know half the math part. Well after doing what i knew and guessing the remaining i walked out laughing thinking all those hours spend studying wasted . We had a flight to Malaysia 2 days after the test for a family trip so i was off to have the best 15 days of my life with my family . I remember i was sitting in my hotel room in Langkawi Island in Malaysia in morning when i picked up my dads cell to see that he had recieved a message from his co-worker informing that NUST had officially announced the result . My heart skipped a beat , and then it started beating faster than it had ever beaten before. I pulled out my sisters laptop connected to the NUST website and checked my Result
3516
I was shocked , i had tears in my eyes , all my dreams shattered , All my hard work ruined , i felt like some one had just stepped on me and then wiped me off a door mat and then burned the door mat . It was painful , really painful , specially seeing all these tourist around u happy and having a great time . The next 2 days were the worst of my life , I had just found out that i would not be going to the university of my dreams and then i got stung by a jelly fish and had to spend like 3 hours on a hospital bed. After that i decided that it was no use crying over spilt milk and decided to enjoy the remaining days of my vacation . When we got back to Pakistan i applied for UET since i had not applied for anyother university coz NUST was the only one i wanted to go . Luckily UET had to postpone its entry test due to the flood and i had chance to take the test. I took the test with half interest and to my surprise i actually got in . Mechanical Engineering UET LAHORE. One of UET LAHORE'S most reputed discipline .
I wont go into much details about my stay in UET , for That you can read my blog UET GEEK. Well so after 2 semester of studying Mechanical i realized that i hated it . I hated its core subject , i didnt find any interest in it except thermodynamics . It was painful to study , even though i was getting good grades i was not enjoying my studies . We were Taught C++ in our second Semester and i loved it , Programming was great fun for me and thats when i realized that i should have gone for what i love and not for what is the safer option. So when i came back for summer vacation i applied for NUST again this time keeping SE as my top preference. Well i studied a little , cudent study much , hated seeing those FSC books again . And took the Test ,. This time surprisingly i did great . So i was happy , we had a tripped planned for SWAT after the test. So this time i was in Bahrain , Swat when i got the bad news that the test had been canceled (it seems like everytime em on vacation enjoying i get a bad news :S )
i was shattered , I had finally done great on my test and had hopes of getting in but now it was taken away from me again , it was painful , i wanted to find the guy who leaked the entry test and beat the living shits out of him. But well what you cant cure u gotta endure. I came back and decided this time i am going to take the test without studying a word
So there i was sitting at home thinking that i might have to go back to UET when i got a text from my Friend "Oi kia bana NUST ka" and i was like "Result agia ??" . I switched on my laptop and opened NUST website , punched in my roll Number and what i saw was beautiful
1012
I couldn't believe it . After all this time , My Dream had finally came true. I had made it into NUST. It was a great feeling . I had tears in my eyes , tears of joy. After i told my mom and gave her a big hug i layed down the prayer mat and offered 2 Nafil of Shukranay and then i lifted my hands in prayer and tears started pouring out of my eye as i Thanked Allah Almighty for making my dream come true . Some of you might think i am being over emotional but Getting into NUST was like my life's goal and after not making in last year i felt defeated. But here i was victorious . Standing tall , And all i could think was lyrics of this song i am going to quote
I look up to the sky
and now the world is mine
I've known it all my life
I made it, I made it!
I used to dream about, the life I'm living now
I know that there's no doubt
I made it, I made it!

I know it was a long Read but well its a long story and i wrote it in the best way i can, I am not a writer and i know my spellings sux and em not the best when it comes to grammar either but since i have alot of time on my hand and i got nothing better to do so i waste my time on such stuff.
Hope you like the first Post . I will try and make More Posts as time goes by. Posts about my daily life in NUST , i will try my best to make them humorous so they are not boring. Hope i will get a positive response .
Please Comment and Subscribe :)

5 comments:

  1. Hmm, like it. So you r among few people who get in for what they love, Best of luck BRO.

    My story is also little bit similar to you (I'll share it wid you later :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!


    thats exactly my story.. except fr i got in nust mechanical..

    am thinking of doing SE too frm H12.. my merit 1500..

    what do u suggest??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @mega Guru
    It all depends bro . If u hated mechanical as much as i did and love programming as much as i do and a computer geek like me go for software
    If ur good at software there is plenty of scope in Pakistan and Abroad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro i really like your blogs .. maza aya perh kay .. after reading this my level of dersire to get in NUST is much increased ... But my NET 3 is remaining and instead of doing preparation for NET im reading about NUST .. bro Dua karna admission ho jay seecs mai ..... No option sirf NUST :(

    ReplyDelete